- Created: Monday, 03 June 2013
- Written by Gun Owners
Immigration Reform, it's going to turn America "blue" and your guns will go with it, if it passes.
You Could Lose all your Guns before 2035 under the Amnesty Bill before the Senate
We’ve written you before about the immigration amnesty bill that will be debated on the Senate floor beginning June 10.
We had just been through a hard fight to stop gun bans and registration. And some of you may have even felt the immigration amnesty was not a “gun” issue.
But if the amnesty bill is passed, within 20 years, Washington could be as anti-gun as Albany, Hartford, and Sacramento.
This is because the bill will create at least 11,500,000 new citizens -- but probably closer to 20,000,000 -- and, if history is any guide, they will vote 71% of the time for far Left Democrats like Barack Obama.
Impartial analysts have determined that Florida, Colorado, Nevada, and probably Arizona will never vote for Republicans again. Given this, for the rest of your life, the White House will be occupied by someone who is just as anti-gun and just as liberal as Barack Obama.
Conservatives in the Senate think that they can woo new immigrants to their side of the aisle. But it is informative that, after the last amnesty bill (the 1986 Simpson-Mazzoli bill signed by Ronald Reagan), those people given citizenship were LESS LIKELY to vote for more conservative and constitutional candidates.
Currently, the two political parties nationally, stand in a delicate political balance. Mitt Romney lost the presidency by 334,000 votes in four states (Florida, Ohio, Virginia and New Hampshire).
So if you add a net gain of almost 8.5 million Obama voters to the electorate, the same amnesty that turned California “blue” will probably turn the whole country anti-gun as well. Already, the calls for gun confiscation in “blue” and “purple” states are growing louder and louder:
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said that “confiscation could be an option” after the Sandy Hook shooting;
- Likewise, an Iowa legislator said that we need to “start taking” guns from law-abiding gun owners;
- This year, legislation in both Minnesota and Missouri would have (if enacted) forced residents to cough up their high-capacity magazines and many of their semi-automatic firearms;
- And legislators in New Jersey were recently caught on an open microphone saying that “we needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate.”
By 2035, the battle will no longer be about stopping the expansion of background checks. Most likely, it will be about stopping the government from coming to take your guns away. And there is nothing we will be able to do about it.
ACTION: Click here to contact your Senators and urge them to vote against the anti-gun immigration amnesty bill.